Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The most scary stunt that i never experience before...

Finally finished the lesson of Cheer Leading this evening, it was really scary and exciting!!! We learnt some basic stunts today. The first stunt we have learnt is sitting shoulder. Unfortunately, i think due to my weight and height, i could no sit on a guy's shoulder. The guy is much more taller than me plus my jump was not high enough, we couldn't do the stunt eventually. I am so sad and feel sorry to the guy since he has tried his best to lift me up....Yet, i failed to do that. Sigh....... think that i should reduce my weight for the team's good.
Then, we learn to stand on someone's shoulder (guy's shoulder),however it was a failure to me too... i was so scare and couldn't balance myself well... i didn't have self-confidence too.....

Shoulder Stands
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
However, we didn't have partner to hold on each other like them......

For the 3rd stunt is called Extension, it is the only one i could do.

Half Extension
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the first step before we go to full extension.

To do this stunt,it required trust and tacit understanding between a flyer(girl) and two basers(guys). The flyer should have trust the basers and the basers should lift the girl at the SAME time in order to balance her. At the same time, the flyer need to lock herself to balance herself. I am quite happy and exciting that i could finally do it!!! Unbelieveable!!! At first i was thinking of give up and excape from doing that stunts. Luckily i tried finally!!!

Full Extension
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It calls FULL EXTENSION, the flyer was lift to the highest position. I am so surprised that i could do it at the 1st time and 'fell down' with a right posture.I was really worry and scare b4 trying this. But i told myself i must trust them and do well what i need to do... that is stand straight and lock myself crazy. When they put me at the highest position, i could see further and felt like flying to the sky!! I am near the sky!!!! Hahahaha...... It is the most scary and exciting action that i have never done b4. Em..... i can't find any word to describe my feeling right now..... However, it was just the basic stunts. I dun really have confidence whether i can manage to do tougher stunts or not.... ^_^' Hope god bless me!!!! ^_*
But all these stunts have its dangerours also, some of flyer including fell down before, luckily they all manage to save us!!! So, we didn't hurt much.....Phew!!!!

Ok!! After we reached the highest position, how we "fall down"??? Well, it was really fell down... the flyer should open her arms and lean back a bit, just let the ppl down there to catch her. Let's have a look at it!!!

Elevator Cradle
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh my god!! I closed my eyes when i fell down!! Hold me in time pls!!

However, by doing these stunts, guys are very important cos they need to be stronge enough to support girls' weight. But here i wanna declare that girls also need to support thier weight also. Thus, girls aslo need to be strong and brave to do!!!!
I am really appreaciate that those guys. I felt that they sacrified a lot by pushing, lifting and supporting us. Although sometimes we wrongly step on the wrong place at thier body just as shoulder, hands....... but they never blame us and keep asking us to try and try again!! Well, i really like this Team Spirit! Trust, tacit understanding, cooperation, encourage each other...... hopefully i can continue learning cheerleading. It was really fun and challenging!!!!

Here is one more pic that i found in a website. It is really COOL!!!! But we haven't reached such high level yet.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yoo~~~~ It calls Basket Toss!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Secret Agent said...

You've got the key thing on doing those stunts o~ Keep on the good job!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Vern Vern said...

Hahahha.... thanks for your support!! I really need fren's support!! God, my waist, shoulder, arm and knee are pain now....... ^_^'

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my girl!! how can u join cheerleading??? i don't think your knee injury has healed completely rite??? i don't want u to get hurt accidentally! take up other sports that doesn't involve too much jumping and bending!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home